Hello, hello from your fellow lazy girl here! If you are like me, your bed is your happy place and you hit snooze at least five times on average before pulling your lifeless body out of bed, only to grumble that it’s cold, and shuffle like a zombie into the bathroom (you may or may not trip on a shoe during your journey). We love being in bed, and being lazy. It’s our happy place.
That was me merely a month ago. I loathed getting out of bed, hated darkness, and just generally was not a morning person. Once I really focused on the things I wanted to achieve with my business, I realized that it wasn’t that I didn’t have enough time (we all have 24 hours, after all), it was the fact that I wasn’t taking advantage of the time I had.
Here’s the thing: Every day my alarm went off at 5 am. Every day I hit snooze 10 times (yes, 10) until 6 am. I literally allowed myself to relive the horror of being woken up 10 freakin’ times every damn morning. Lazy. No wonder I was a beast upon rising! So I decided..trying something new! And I knew damn well it was going to suck..totally suck…at first – but I was committed to seeing it through. And I have – so here are my
hacks to making your lazy ass a morning person:
- End your evening with gratitude: I know – sounds corny, but even one sentence in a journal or saying out loud one thing you are grateful for that day will put you to bed in a positive way – helping you to wake up the same.
- This should really come before #1 (hey..I can’t be perfect) Place a shaker cup with 8 ounces of water and 1 scoop of your pre workout drink next to your bed. You can’t be lazy with pre-workout coursing through your veins.
- Wear your sports bra to bed
- Set your alarm, and the first time it goes off (for me, 5am) shake and chug your pre-workout. Most take about 15-30 minutes to kick in anyway, so come 5:30 you’ll be golden!
- Lay and wait for it to work – or sleep – whatever. Personally, right after I lay back down I say something else I am grateful for…then I just lay in silence and try not to think (or sing Justin Bieber in my head)
- Alarm goes off again – Decide: Can I afford to stay snuggly and lazy, or should I get up? For me, my pre-workout hasn’t kicked in yet so I use this time to figure out what I’m doing once I pull my ass out of bed. What will I wear to work today?
- Alarm goes off again – it’s roughly 5:20…I get out of bed, the pre workout has kicked in and I use the restroom and what a perfect gift sitting for me on the side of the tub — but a pair of pants, socks and my shoes! I do what I gotta do, while I finish dressing for my workout
And then I do the damn thing! That’s it! That’s how I roll (out of bed) in the mornings. That is how I defeated my desire to just be lazy. I assure you at first this is going to feel weird, but give it a while and it will work! Now working out is one less thing I need to focus on during the day and I have yet to miss a single day of my current program The Masters Hammer and Chisel. Literally: game changer.