Alright – so I know this is a health and fitness blog but sometimes you really just need to treat yourself. If you have a sweet tooth – this is going to fix it with just one bite. I introduce to you: Pillsbury French Toast Bake
It is not healthy at all. At all. But it is delicious and something I make every year on Christmas morning and I INDULGE and ENJOY! And Pillsbury French Toast Bake is super simple!
1/4 cup melted butter
2 cans of Pillsbury refrigerated cinnamon rolls
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
3/4 cup maple syrup
–I told you there was nothing healthy about this!! —
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees
- Melt butter and pour into a 13×9 glass baking dish
- Take each cinnamon roll and cut it into 8 pieces – think of it like cutting a pizza. The pieces will be small chunks – perfection is un-necessary!
- Drop chopped cinnamon roll into the pan with the butter. Make sure it is spread out to form a single layer. If there is some space inbetween, it’s fine – these will grow as you cook them
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl and add in heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and cinnamon until well mixed. Pour over the pan of cinnamon rolls.
- Sprinkle with pecans – if pecans are your thing – and drizzle with the 3/4 cup of syrup
- Bake for 20-28 minutes and let cool for about 15
- Lightly heat the icings in the microwave -REMOVE THE METAL LID! If you want another method, leave the containers on top of your oven – the heat from the rolls baking will soften the icing.
- Drizzle icing all over the bake, and serve with syrup as a side
My family LOVES this! It is super filling, tastes amazing, and just a wonderful, easy, fun breakfast on Christmas morning.
Hope you enjoy and Merry Christmas!!!